Faculty of Veterinary Science is based on para clinical and clinical departments. It along with other faculties at SBBUVAS offers subject at graduate and post-graduate level. All the departments have well established laboratories. Having been newly established University, it has developed to provide basic facilities to the stakeholders for diagnosis and treatment of various infectious and contagious diseases of domestic animals and poultry. However, state-of-art equipment has been ordered to expand its scope for post-graduate and advance research.
The main objectives of SBBUVAS in general and faculty in particular to provide highest levels of excellence in teaching and learning applied to the market oriented D.V.M Curriculum to meet national and international teaching quality benchmarks. However, other objectives include:
1. Offer courses in para-clinical and clinical courses at undergraduate and post-graduate level.
2. Provide first-rate laboratory facilities to give hands-on-experience in lab courses and research.
3. Extend modern diagnostic and curative facilities to the stakeholders in animal production & health.
4. Develop confidence and the initiative in future veterianrians to face the new challenges in animal health and production.
5. Establish and strengthen liaison with other organizations involved in research & development in livestock industry.
6. Encourage and initiate coordinated research on current issues of livestock and industry.
7. Promote intra/inter-deparmental harmony between faculty, staff & students aimed at encouraging aquisition of independent learning Professional skills of teaching, research and clinical services.
At present the faculty offers courses at undergradute level (D.V.M) through following department, however, in very near future when postgraduate laboratories are established post-graduate degree program leading to M.Phil and Ph.D degrees in all disciplines of Para-Clinical and Clinical Sciences will be offered.
Department of Veterinary Microbiology
Department of Veterinary Pathology
Department of Veterinary Parasitology
Department of Veterinary Medicine
Department of Veterinary Surgery & Obstetrics
Department of Epidemiology & Public Health
Department of Theriogenology