Shaheed Benzair Bhutto University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences Sakrand (SBBUVAS) is a public sector university which has been established through an Act XV 2012 passed by Sindh Assembly on 13 September 2012. Our vision is that this university is to be an internationally accredited university of Veterinary and Animal Sciences. Being an HEC recognized Public Sector University, the Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC), under Quality Enhancement Cells group IX, X & XI of the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan, has been established with effect from 2016. Currently this university offers a single degree program i.e. Doctor of Veterinary medicine (D.V.M.), and all the departments of the University contribute towards this program. Thus all the departments are mandatorily to have completed self-assessment process and prepare self-assessment report of the courses offered at the end of each semester. The QEC is training and facilitating each department to conduct periodic self-assessment for the courses offered by each department aimed at meeting the targeted vision of the university. However, the objectives of self-assessment at SBBUVAS are to:
1. Assure quality learning process.
2. Strengthen & Improve Academic Standard.
3. Focus & Promote all domains of students’ learning.
4. Assess and compare current status of the degree program with the expected outcome as perceived by the stakeholders.
5. Provide feedback on quality assurance of academic program to the university sponsors & governing bodies.
6. Acquire Accreditation of degree programs from various Regulatory authorities at national & internal level.
7. Advise university authorities on Future Academic planning for review by the recognizing agencies.
The QEC will be responsible to monitor and coordinate self-assessment activities of each department/program at SBBUVAS as per procedure (s) laid out by the Quality Assurance Agency of the HEC, every two years (assessment cycle).
In this section the procedure for conducting a self-assessment is described. Each academic program shall undergo a self-assessment (SA) every two years (assessment cycle). The Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) is responsible for planning, coordinating and following up on the self -assessment (SA) activities. The steps of the procedure for SA are as follows:
1. The QEC initiates the SA one semester prior to the end of the assessment cycle through the Vice Chancellor / Rector Office in which the program is offered. However, if the program is undergoing the SA for the first time, the department will be given one academic year for preparation.
2. Upon receiving the initiation letter the department shall form a program team (PT). The PT will be responsible for preparing a self-assessment report (SAR) about the program under consideration over a period of one semester. They will be the contact group during the assessment period.
3. The department shall submit the SAR to the QEC through the concerned Dean. The QEC reviews the SAR within one month to ensure that it is prepared according to the required format.
4. The Vice Chancellor / Rector forms a program assessment team (AT) in consultation with the QEC recommendations within one month. The AT comprises of 2- 3 faculty members from within or outside the university. The AT must have at least one expert in the area of the assessed program.
5. The QEC plans and schedules the AT visit period in coordination with the department that is offering the program.
6. The AT conducts the assessment, submits a report and presents its findings in an exit meeting that shall be attended by the QEC, Dean and PT and faculty members.
7. The QEC shall submit an executive summary on the AT findings to the Vice Chancellor / Rector.
8. The Department shall prepare and submit an implementation plan to QEC based on the AT findings. The plan must include AT findings and the corrective actions to be taken, assignment of responsibility and a time frame for such actions. Table A.2 in Appendix A provides a format for preparing a summary of the implementation plan.
9.The QEC shall follow up on the implementation plan to ensure departments are adhering to the implementation plan. The academic department shall inform the QEC each time a corrective action is implemented. QEC shall review the implementation plan once a semester to assess the progress of implementation. Table A.2 will provide the QEC with guidelines for monitoring the implementation.
QEC: Quality Enhancement Cell
PT: Program Team
SAR: Self-Assessment Report
AT: Assessment Team
Mr. Ali Raza Shah
PROGRAM ASSESSMENT TEAM
Dr Tofique Ahmed Qureshi Convener Dr Shakeel Ahmed Lakho Member Dr Christiana Angel Member
Program Teams (PT)
A. FACULTY OF BIO-SCIENCES
1. Department of Physiology & Bio-Chemistry
i. Dr. Iqra Bano ChandioConvener Lecturer ii. Dr.Anees MemonMember Lecturer
2. Department of Pharmacology
i. Dr. Tofique Ahmed QureshiConvener Professor ii. Dr.Sayed Jan Muhammed ShahMember Lecturer
3. Department of Anatomy & Histology
i. Dr. Izhar Hyder QaziConvener Lecturer ii. Dr. Ali Raza MangiMember Lecturer
B. FACULTY OF VETRINARY SCIENCES
1. Department of Parasitology
i. Dr. Majid Hussain SoomroConvener Assistant Professor ii. Dr. Christiana AngelMember Teaching Assistant
2. Department of Microbiology
i. Dr. Zahid Iqbal RajputConvener Associate Professorii. Dr. Shakeel AhmedMember Lecturer iii. Dr. Ambreen LaghariMember Lecturer
3. Department of Pathology
i. Dr Asghar Ali BalochConvener Lecturer ii. Dr Christiana AngelMember Teaching Assistant
4. Department of Medicine
i. Dr. Pervaiz Ahmed KhosoConvener Assistant Professor ii. Dr. Khalid Hussain MirbaharMember Lecturer iii. Dr. Kiran NazishMember Teaching Assistant
5. Department of Surgery
i. Dr. Ubedullah KakaConvener Assistant Professor ii. Dr. Muhamamd Yousaf JakhraniMember Teaching Assistant
5. Department of Animal Reproduction
i. Dr Qudratullah KalwarConvener Lecturer ii. Dr. Muhamamd Yousaf JakhraniMember Teaching Associate
C. FACULTY OF ANIMAL PRODUCTION & TECHNOLOGY
1. Department of Poultry Production
i. Dr Erum BughioConvener Lecturer ii. Dr Ali Mujtaba ShahMember Lecturer
2. Department of Livestock Production
i. Dr Ali Mujtaba ShahConvener Lecturer ii. Dr Yar Muhammad JalbaniMember Lecturer
3. Department of Dairy Technology
i. Dr Yar Muhammad JalbaniConvener Lecturer ii. Dr Ali Mujtaba ShahMember Lecturer
4. Department of Animal Nutrition
i. Dr Yar Muhamamd JalbaniConvener Lecturer ii. Dr. Rashid Ali KorejoMember Teaching Assistant
5. Department of Animal Breeding & Genetics
i. Dr. Ali Mujtaba ShahConvener Lecturer ii. Dr Zafar Ali KhosoMember Teaching Assistant